Sunday 15 March 2015

Google Adsense Earnings - A further update

I thought we could all do with a laugh, so I decided to update everyone on my experience so far with my Google Adsense earnings.

Well you may recall my account was approved on 5th August, 2014.  I remember my elation when this happened, and, thought that I was on the road to untold riches!  Seventeen days later I was credited with my first earnings of 10p.  At this point the reality dawned on me that my initial hope of super wealth was now in tatters.  I calculated at that point it would take 4.65 years to reach the £10 withdrawal limit.  It has to be stated that this was a very optimistic estimate!

So where are we now I hear you cry?  Well the current finalized (sic) earning to date are a massive 13p (thirteen pence – just to re-clarify if you couldn’t believe it!).  However, this month I have had a potential massive boost.  So far my estimated earnings are 73p.  I believe I may have had two clicks on my adverts.  If the earnings are finalised then I will be nearly at a pound.  This is the next earnings target I have set myself.  I am not sure how long it takes for the 73p to be finalised.  I did read a story on the internet about a person who made over $10,000 dollars from Google Adsense in a month.  This was due to one of his articles being picked up by a major news site, and, linking to his blog.  Google paid over the money, but weeks later claimed that they had re-checked the revenues and found that they were not valid, and, so reclaimed the money.  I wonder how long you have to wait for the money to become really final.  If I do make the mighty £10, I had better not spend it, as I may have to repay it sometime in the future.

Well the next blog about this subject will probably be in another year, when the magical £1 may have been reached.  I wonder if the £10 withdrawal will be reached in my lifetime?  And if not what will happen to the money?  



No comments:

Post a Comment